A downloadable game for Windows
Shape Shift is a minimalist score attack action game where your goal is to avoid obstacles by pressing the correct key as they roll past the player marker.
The player is allowed three mistakes before the game ends. Avoiding ten obstacles in a row gives you an extra chance.
Current game features:
- Simple 2D vector graphics with an adjustable framerate
- Hectic four-button gameplay
- Randomized obstacles
- Difficulty that ramps up as you get to a higher score
- Tracks your highest score
- Customizable controls through config file, (just keyboard keys for now, though) The file is in %APPDATA%/shape_shift
- There's no sound or music yet.
- Score tracking is super basic (I'd prefer to use Steam leaderboards for it, but as the game is not greenlit yet, it can't be implemented)
- Fullscreen has not been tested on different resolutions/aspect ratios
- The font is a placeholder
- Development may stop at any time, future updates are not guaranteed
[Q] Triangle pointing up
[A] Triangle pointing down
[W] Square pointing up
[S] Square pointing down
[R] Restart run
Feel free to post any feedback on the comments below.
Changes in 0.45:
- Framerate is now uncapped and game should work at same speed even at lower framerates
- Removed slowdown effect from health loss and replaced it with an obstacle clear
- Hitboxes tweaked
Changes in 0.46:
- Framerate cap option
|Published||55 days ago|
|Tags||Arcade, Casual, GameMaker, infinite-runner, Score Attack, Side Scroller, vector|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $0.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.